Caladenia Spider Orchid
Addicted to Orchids, but can't seem to keep them alive? Here’s the perfect way to have orchids that last for a lifetime… create them yourself. I've released a brand new series "The Rare Orchid Series" where I'll be adding some of the best rare Orchids you will find. Most of them you may never know existed 😉 So stay tuned 🥰
- Scheepjes (Maxi Sugar Rush) or Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread. You can also use any size 10 crochet thread.
- Tyrian Purple
- Forest Green
- 24 and 22 gauge wires
- 18 gauge wires
- 1.25 crochet needle
- Acrylic paint (White)
- Round tip paintbrush
- Burgundy Marker or pen
- Allene's Draping Liquid (Mix with water)
Orchid Fun Facts
- Caladenia Orchid species are difficult to grow and require symbiotic fungi to flourish. This makes our crochet version even more special!
- Caladenia is largely native to Australia and consists of approximately 350 species of terrestrial orchids. However, there are about 25,000 documented species of Orchids in general.
- The flowers come in a variety of colors growing singly or in racemes of up to eight blooms.
- Did you know that orchids produce a mass amount of pollen making pollination a breeze?
- The popular flavor “Vanilla” is made of Orchid seed pods!
- Orchids represent love, luxury, beauty, and strength.
- With good care and regular maintenance, an orchid plant may live for a lifetime - it is said to live 100 or more years.
- So interestingly, Orchids deceive insects into pollinating them. The reproductive parts of many orchid flowers are shaped and colored to look like the kind of insect they hope to attract.